Algae Light Refugium
The Advantages of Refugium Algae
A refugium without macroalgae is (at least to many of us) like a reef tank without live rock.
An established refugium can aid in the removal of pollutants in the display aquarium, so that undesirable species of algae will not grow. Many aquarists use this area not only to grow macroalgae, but also to house live sand and live rock and raise amphipods and copepods that are found in live rock. These small crustaceans are used to feed delicate fish such as Anthias sp. and different species of Dragonets.
• Macroalgae provide a prime microhabitat for a host of beneficial small animals (e.g. copepods) and microorganisms.
• Macroalgae can be as interesting and rewarding to keep as any aquarium species.
• Macroalgae are quite beautiful and add a nice splash of exotic form, color and texture to any reef system (whether in the main tank or in the refugium).
*FREE SHIPPING NATIONWIDE
- 12"-48" - Led Light Aquarium Fish Tank - Ultra Thin - Low Wattage 0.5W from $ 17.54
- Innovative Marine SKKYE Light Clamp 18W - 8000K $ 129.00
- Kessil H380 Halo II LED Grow Light $ 299.99
- WavePoint Daylight Micro Sun LED High Output Clamp Light 6 Inch $ 59.99
- Lifegard Aquatics Full Spectrum Nano Freshwater and Refugium LED Light - 10 Inch $ 41.99
- JBJ Nano-Glo 4-LED Refugium Light $ 59.99
- JBJ 25 Watt Macro-Glo Adjustable Refugium Light $ 53.99
- JBJ 15 Watt Macro-Glo Adjustable Refugium Light $ 43.99
- Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget Chaetomax 2-in-1 9W Refugium LED $ 70.00
- AquaMaxx NemoLight AquaFresh Plant and Refugium Nano LED Fixture With Controller - 18 Watts $ 84.99